Renewable EnergyNES partners with TVA to offer renewable energy programs, including Nashville's first community solar park, that harness the power of natural resources. In addition, NES is taking steps to further its focus on environmental sustainability from our fleet of ethanol & bio-diesel vehicles used by field employees, to using renewable transformer oil and recycling and reusing equipment and supplies.
How Community Solar Works
- Solar panels are installed at a sunny site in our service area allowing anyone to go solar, even if you don’t own a home or if your rooftop is shaded by trees or buildings.
- Solar electricity is generated and metered by NES at the community solar site instead of having panels on your roof and for less than the price you would ordinarily pay for a solar installation.
- Clean energy is added to the power grid and a solar credit is included on your electric bill each month.
Benefits of Participating
- It’s an easy and affordable way to participate in clean solar energy.
- There are no maintenance or repair costs.
- It works for anyone including renters, condo owners and those with homes not suitable for a rooftop installation.
- You’ll receive a credit on your monthly energy bill through year 2038 for the electricity generated.
- If you move, you can easily transfer your solar panel subscription and energy credits to your new account within the NES service area.
- You’ll help Nashville strive to become “the greenest city in the Southeast.”
Getting StartedGive Solar
Become a solar angel by making a tax-deductible donation to The Community Foundation. You’ll help provide energy assistance for low-income customers. You can also purchase solar panel subscriptions and give the energy output to friends and family. Learn More >>
Purchase subscriptions to solar panels and receive an energy credit on your monthly bill. There’s a one-time, upfront subscription price per panel of less than $200 (plus applicable fees). Financing options are available. Learn More >>
For additional details and frequently asked questions, visit gosolarmusiccity.com.
TVA is offering Green Flex, a new program that allows businesses and institutions inside the Valley to buy in. When you buy Green Flex, you are able to make renewable energy claims, which allow you to show your customers and stakeholders that you are a supporter of regional green initiatives. The RECs purchased through the program are delivered to the Valley along with the renewable energy, and the cost of the RECs is added to your regular electricity bill
Green Invest is now available to local power companies and business and industry customers across TVA’s service territory. The program leverages long-term agreements to build new, large-scale renewable energy installations in the Valley through a competitive bid process
Green Connect provides residential customers access to educational materials and a Solar Contractor Network (QCN) of TVA-approved contractors for installation of their solar photovoltaic system.
TVA works directly with qualified producers with a qualified facility as determined by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, FERC, click here for more information about this program.
Green Power Providers offers technical support and incentives for homes and businesses that generate their own renewable energy. As of December 31, 2019, the program was discontinued to new applicants.