Supplier Diversity Program
We offer a certification program for all small, TN service-disabled veteran, minority and women-owned companies doing business with NES.
Small BusinessYour company must be independently owned and operated, and average annual sales cannot exceed $6,000,000 in the past three years. You must provide copies of the first page of income tax returns for the most recent three year period or a notarized letter from a CPA stating the three-year average for the company’s gross sales is under $6 million.
TN Service-Disabled VeteranYour business must be at least 51 percent owned by a person residing in Tennessee, who served honorably on active duty in the armed forces of the United States with at least a 20 percent disability that is service-connected, meaning the disability was incurred or aggravated in the line of duty in the active military, naval or air service.
Minority and Woman-owned CertificationYour business must be owned by - or a majority of the individual owners are - a member of minority groups and/or a woman. You must provide to NES a certificate of approval from one of the following certifying agencies.
- Governor’s Office of Diversity Business Enterprise (Go-DBE)
- National Minority Supplier Diversity Council (NMSDC), including regional affiliate councils
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC)
- National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO)
- Tennessee Department of Transportation (TDOT)
- Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA)
- Metro Transit Authority (MTA)
- City, state and federal government certification agencies
NES reserves the right to refuse any certificate or request additional information prior to approval.
A signed and notarized Supplier Diversity Program Affidavit is required. Affidavits with ink-stamped notary seals may be faxed to 615-747-3881. Affidavits with embossed seals must be mailed to NES Procurement Department, 1214 Church Street, Room 305, Nashville, TN 37246.